Events, Field Trips
Children learn best through direct experiences. Kangaroo Kids organises opportunities for children to learn by seeing, feeling and doing. Through these experiences, children establish their understanding as well as acquire the social, intellectual and physical skills necessary for the development of meaningful concepts. Excursions are therefore vital components of any early education program. Kangaroo Kids organises field trips and in-house visits. The children may take a trip to the Aquarium, Florist Shop, Fire station or similar places or will be visited in the nursery by a dentist, a baker or airline pilot.
Upcoming Events 2017 -2018
- September 7th: Open day for new parents and children- come and meet us!
- September 10th: Children Arrive to start the year! All levels Theme “ All about me” , “Kangaroo Kids Golden Rules” and “ Friendships”
- September 17th: Parents Coffee Morning
- September 17-19th: Special themed activity days: Toddlers: Spot the Dog, Nursery: Traditional Tales and Foundation: Pirates
- September 21st: UAE New Year Holiday(*)
- September 24th: Recycling Community Day Activities (parents invited)
- September 25th: Parent Workshop – Healthy Eating For Pre-School Children – Tricks and Tips! 3.00pm( child care provided)
- September 26th Friendship Day Activities in class
Toddlers Theme: Farm life: “Down on the Farm” Animals, Plants and the Food We Eat.
Nursery Level: Let’s Explore the Forest ( Bear Hunt, Gruffalo, Jungle)
Foundation: Our bodies, healthy eating and the people who help us stay Healthy (doctors, nurses etc.)
- Dentist visit
- October 5th: Foundation Special Day
- October 8th: School photography October TBC
- October 12th: Nursery Special Day- Bear Hunt/Gruffalo
- October 15th: Parents Coffee Morning
- October 23rd: Foundation Spinneys Trip
- October 16th: Kindness to Earth Day- (parents invited)
- October 19th: Toddler Special Day-
- October 22nd: Magic Junk Recycling Day
- October 23rd: Parent Workshop Toddler Tantrums 3.00pm (Child Care Provided)
- October 26th: Halloween Dress up Day (parents invited)
- October 29th: Half Term and Camp
Toddlers Theme; Transport: Big Wheels, Trains and Planes ( motion, movement)
Nursery: Theme 1: Our bodies, healthy eating and the people who help us stay Healthy (doctors, nurses etc.)Theme 2: Floating and Sinking.
Foundation: Explore the Forest ( Bear Hunt, Gruffalo, Owl Babies)
- November 6th: Parent/ Teacher meetings 130pm-430pm
- Doctors visit
- November 12th: Parents Coffee Morning
- November 13th: World Kindness Day- Class Activities.
- November 15th: Nursery Special Day
- November 19th: Autism Rocks talk 3-4pm Parents able to attend.
- November 20th: Arabic Culture Day (parents invited)
- November 22nd: Foundation Special Day.
- November 26th: Magic Junk Day/Recycling.
- November 27th: Nursery trip to a supermarket
- November 27th: Parent Workshop: Potty Training 3.00pm
- November 29th: Toddlers Special Day
- November 30th: Prophets Day
December 3rd Theme for all: Around The World Week- starting with UAE National Day. Each class will be a different country for the week. Monday 4th December International Cookie Day! Charity Bake Fun (parents invited)
- Doctors visit
- December 10th: Theme for all: Seasons/Weather
- December 14th: Winter Fun/Concert 11.30- 12.15. Santa arrives!
- December 17th: Winter Style Recycling Junk sessions in classes
- Parenting Workshop: Language and Literacy skills in Early Years 3.00pm (child care provided)
- December 19th: Winter Party Fun Tuesday
- December 21st: End of Term.
- December 27/28/ 30/31st: Winter Camp
Winter Camp January 2/3/4th
Term starts January 7th for children.
Themes: Toddlers: Part 1: Dinosaurs and Part 2 Explorers
Nursery: Part 1: Planes/Trains and Automobiles. Part 2: Spot the Dog Positional language
- January 17th: Nursery Special day 17th
- January 21st: Parents Coffee morning
- January 22nd: Foundation field trip TBC
- January 23rd: National Pie Day cookery fun for Nursery Level
- January 24th: Toddlers Special Day
- January 29th: International Day Fun for Everyone
- Parenting Workshop: Which school, what’s next… 3.00pm (Child Care Provided)
- January 31st: Foundation Special Day.
Themes: Toddlers “ Pet Shop Fun”
Nursery: The Community We Live In: Culture, Workers and Places.
Foundation: Nature Exploration Month /Life Cycles/Birds/Plants/Bees
- Doctor visits
- January 7th: Friendship Day
- January 8th: Toddlers Special Day Pet Farm Visit.
- January 11th – 15th: Half term Holiday and Camp ( two teams)
- February 19th: Parenting Workshop: Family Routines, sleep/eat/play 3.00pm Child Care Provided
- February 22nd: Nursery Special Day
- February 25th: Parents Coffee Morning
- February 26th: Sports Day ( parents Invited)
- Nursery Fire Visit TBC
- Foundation Field Trip: Butterflies/Birds TBC
Themes: Toddlers Down by the Sea
Nursery: Farm Life, Animals, Food and the environment. Theme 2: Billy Goats Gruff Traditional Tales
Foundation: The Community We Live In: Culture, Workers and Places.
- March 12th: Community Gardening Day( parents invited)
- March 14th: Parent/Teacher Meetings 130-430
- School Photographs TBC
- March 18th: Magic Junk Day
- March 18th: Parenting Workshop: Keep Calm and Develop Empathy 3.00pm
- March 20th: Spring Parade/ International Day of Happiness (parents invited)
- March 21st: UAE Mother’s Day
- March 22nd: End of Term
- March 25th: Spring Camp Starts
- Nursery Field Trip; Butterflies/Birds TBC
Summer Camp 1st, 2nd 3rd, 4th,5th
Back to School April 8th
Themes: Toddlers Healthy Eating/Garden/Recycling Projects
Nursery “ It’s a Bugs Life”- Insects, caterpillars, spiders
Foundation: Life in and Around the Water
- Doctors Visit
- April 11th: Toddlers Special Day Israa(*)
- April 15th: Parents Coffee Morning Foundation Aquarium visit. TBC
- April 19th: Foundation Special Day
- April 22nd: Recycling Junk Day
- April 23rd: World Book Day Dress up and Events (parents invited)
- April 26th: Nursery Special Day
- April 29th: Safety in the Heat Day( In class activities) Parent Workshop 3.00pm
Nursery: Life and around Water and Pirates!
Foundation: Dinosaurs and explorers
Toddlers: “ it’s a bugs life”
- May 8th: Teacher Appreciation Day- parents join us in school to teach a class!
- May 10th: Toddler Special Day
- May 13th: Parents Coffee Morning
- May 15th: National Pizza Party Day
- Doctor visit
- May 16th: Ramadan (*)
- May 17th: Nursery Special Day.
- Graduation Photos
- Nursery Aquarium visit TBC
- May 24th: Foundation Special Day
- May 27th: Magic Junk Recycling Day
- May 28th: Parent Workshop “ School Ready” 3.00pm (Child Care Provider)
Themes: Toddlers: Wild Animals- We are going on a Bear Hunt/Gruffalo
Nursery: Fly me to the Moon! Space, Shape, Size and Movement.
Foundations: Inventions/experiments and finding out more…
- June 3rd: United Nations Children’s Day
- June 5th: Foundation Professors Day.
- June 7th: Toddlers Special Day
- Doctors visit
- June 12th: Nursery Special Day
- June 14/15/16: Eid (*)
- June 18th: Parent Workshop “How to survive the summer” 3.00pm (Child Care provided)
- June 19th: Graduation
- June 27th: End of Year Party
- June 28th: End of Term
Holiday camp available during July and August